Business Writing Workshops
Benefits for you
We are giving a series of 2 hour workshops which develop professional skills in Business English writing.
The sessions are interactive and practical and based on realistic professional scenarios.
We will share best practice and give you lots of templates, suggestions and techniques for improving your writing style.
Writing effective minutes and notes in meetings
This session will focus on the language and grammar structures used to summarise and report on the discussions in a meeting. You will also be given a diverse range of phrasal verbs and expressions common to meetings in English.
Writing updates for social media (LinkedIn/Facebook/marketing fact sheets/twitter)
This session will focus on writing powerful social media updates. Exploring the does and don'ts and effective writing styles in social media, we will look to share best practice on how to market products in English.
Writing business reports
This session will focus on the ability to write concise and well structured reports. We will explore how to present and refer to trends and statistics and review the passive voice as an essential tool in achieving a professional and objective tone to your writing.
Writing semi formal/social e-mails
This session will focus on writing e-mails using less formal terms and expressions. Useful for regular communications with your team and communicating socially. We will review how to start and finish this type of e-mail and how to keep communication 'light'.
Writing e-mails to customers
This session will focus on producing highly professional e-mails and review the formal terms and expressions which enable this. We will explore a range of scenarios including first contact with a customer, marketing a product, responding to a request and communicating a difficult message.
Free parking. Informative booklet and refreshments are provided.
Click here for more information about the types of topics we cover across our workshops.
- This course is suitable for a B1 level and above.
- Complete a short level test if you are unsure about your level. To understand what the different levels mean click here.
- You learn through ‘talking’ and ‘doing’ and not simply listening to the teacher. We develop your knowledge of grammar and vocabulary and skills in speaking, pronunciation, reading, writing and listening in a context relevant to you.
- You have the opportunity to progress to our standard Business English courses which run over 12 sessions or to have individual coaching.
- For our Standard Business English courses a needs analysis is conducted at the start of the course to ensure clear learning objectives for each lesson and the overall learning programme.
- At the end of each set of ten lessons you receive a profile of your strengths and areas for future development. At the end of the course you receive a detailed report and certificate.
- In addition we offer individual coaching in a wide range of topics related to your writing skills in English. Click here for the type of topics we cover.