Useful verbs in Business English
A list of useful verbs that you can use in a professional context.
- To invite: I will invite him to the meeting.
- To delegate: I want to delegate this project to you.
- To reflect, consider, contemplate: I need to consider the options before making a decision.
- To review, evaluate: I will review the report before making a decision.
- To compromise: We need to compromise to move forward on this issue.
- To challenge, disagree: I challenge that perspective.
- To contribute: Thankyou, you contributed a great deal to the meeting.
- To coordinate, organise: Can you organise the meeting for next Thursday?
- To supervise, manage: I manage a small team in the Accounts department.
- To improve: My objective is to improve customer service levels.
- To advise, guide, support: He is new to this role, so you need to support him.
- To develop, design, create: I have developed a new approach to this problem.
- To implement: They implemented wide ranging cost savings.
- To launch, introduce: They are going to launch the new product in January.