Terms and Conditions
Online Course Booking
We want you to have a great experience learning English with the Language Partnership. To help ensure that happens, we have set out our terms and conditions below. Before your course booking is accepted you will need to confirm you agree with them.
Note: Working hours are defined between Monday to Friday and the hours of 9am to 6.00pm and do not include public holidays.
1. Refunds, cancellations and postponements
In the event you need to cancel the course we adhere to the following principles:
- If you cancel before the course starts, of within 14 days of making a purchase, we will give you a full refund less a €20 administration charge.
- If you cancel after the course has started we will give you a refund less the cost of three lessons (€75).
- The Language Partnership will not accept charges for receiving refunds. When paying by PayPal you will be liable for any transaction costs incurred both in booking the course and if the Language Partnership should made a refund.
- If you need to postpone the course, either before you start or after you have started, you will be able to continue with your course at a later date. You need to re-start or resume your course within one year of making the original booking for the course. You will be able to resume your course from the same point at which you had to postpone, but you will not be able to repeat classes you have already taken. It is not possible to guarantee you will have the same teacher on re-started or resumed courses as you had for the original course.
2. IT requirements
It is your responsibility to ensure you have adequate IT resources to access the virtual classroom. It is essential that you have a sufficiently strong internet connection to be able to use all the different features of the online classroom. We strongly recommend that you test your compatibility with Adobe Connect Meetings before you book a course. Adobe Connect Meetings is the name of the software we use for the virtual classroom.
- To find out more about Adobe Connect Meetings please click here.
- We invite you to attend one of our free seminars to find out more about Adobe Connect Meetings. Please refer to the calendar on the right hand side of the booking page to find out when the next seminar will take place.
- Read our FAQs (frequently asked questions) available from the Business English Online Page.
- Contact us by phone or e-mail if you have a question. To get our contact details click here. In most situations we should be able to answer your questions directly. However, for certain technical questions, we many need to contact the Adobe Connect support team before providing you with an answer. We aim to reply to any questions you ask within 24 hours.
3. Your level
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have given us an accurate description of your language level.
- You will be placed in a group appropriate to your level based on your own description.
- However, if after meeting you in the introductory session at the start of the course, we feel your level is better suited to a different group, we reserve the right to transfer you. Where possible we will look to find a time that is still convenient to you.
- In the event you do not accept our decision to move you to a different level, we reserve the right to cancel your booking.
4. Changing class
To ensure classes are manageable we will only transfer students to a different class in exceptional circumstances. Please contact us directly via e-mail or phone to discuss this. To get our contact details click here.
5. Online etiquette
Once you have booked onto the course we will send you a set of guidelines to ensure you get the very best out of your online learning experience and enjoy your time working with fellow learners and your trainer.
- The guidelines will outline when to use different communication channels offered by Adobe Connect Meetings during classes, for example when to use the chat box to communicate with your trainer and when it is best just to listen.
- We will also talk this through with you at the free introductory session at the start of the course.
- Abusive or offensive behaviour directed at either your trainer or fellow learners will not be tolerated. Any such abusive or offensive behaviour will result in immediate exclusion from the course.
- Classes are recorded so learners may revisit and review what has been taught after each session. We reserve the right to use these recordings to investigate any accusations or complaints about abusive or offensive behaviour.
- All data collected in this way will be stored and managed in line with current European Union Data Protection requirements as of 2015.
All material produced by the Language Partnership, including but not limited to vocabulary sheets, presentations, and recordings, are for your private use and not to be copied, replicated, distributed or otherwise shared or reused in any other context without written permission from the Language Partnership.
- If you fail to attend a class for whatever reason, this class will be lost. We will ensure you are offered the vocabulary sheets and presentations for every class and access to a recording of the class, irrespective of whether you attend or not.
- If you experience IT problems during the class we will, in exceptional circumstances, try to find an alternative class to attend.
All classes are recorded for you to revisit the lesson after it is finished. Recordings should only be used for your own private use and are included in the Copyright rules above.
10. Our service standard
- We will ensure you are delivered one hour of business English training online each week for the full publicised length of the course at the time confirmed with you at the start of the course.
- We will train you in the virtual classroom before starting the full course and aim to respond to any questions you may have within 24 hours.
- All our trainers will have the necessary qualifications and experience to deliver a high quality learning experience.